Cartoons: I Still Love them!!!

Many People are of the opinion that an adult person watching(or rather, enjoying) Cartoons implies Childisness and Retarded Reasoning Faculties. I on the other hand Beg to Differ.

People when they hear from me about my favourite cartoon characters often push up their noses and behave as if to say, "Come on, Grow UP!!!" Given the fact that I'm 25 and in a serious profession like engineering, people expect me to indulge in all kinds of BORING pastimes like playing chess, or gossiping. People even consider watching Soap Operas as a higher mental task that watching (enjoying) cartoons. But to be frank, understanding the complex world of Cartoons is no trivial task. They are as much of a challenge to the mind as any self-respecting movie.

After a hard days work, there is nothing more soothing, and Stress-Relieving than relaxing on my favourite chair watching the Destruction wrought about by Tom and Jerry. The way they are able to rejuvenate themselves after being flattened and beaten up into all kinds of shapes is simply amazing. I see this as a source of great inspiration, and think it is better than reading a hundred self-help books.

Other than watching animated Cartoons I also enjoy Cartoons and comics of the static variety published on Paper. Every morning I pick up the newspaper and before even glancing at the Headlines, which talk of all kinds of Mishaps and Misfortunes, I tend to turn to the Comics page and end up chuckling, and sometimes roaring with Laughter at the Sarcasm of Garfield, the Desperation of Charlie Brown, the Stupidity in Bull$ n Bear$, and the Kameenapan of Dennis.

I have this Roommate who is absolutely mad about "Calvin and Hobbes". He has spent (invested, as he prefers to call it) a lot of time and money, finding and collecting all the published works of Bill Waterson. He was responsible for initiating me into the multi-hued world of C&H. Initially I used to read it just for the wry Humour, but as I continued I found lots of common sense and Philosophy woven into the strips. I really began appreciating the creative genius of Waterson, in incorporating messages about serious topics like the environment into the colourful world of little Calvin.

When I look at the whole thing, I see myself enjoying (or, rather loving) cartoons and comics as long as I'm able to understand them. ;-)

The Sunny world of Cartoons has been very nicely summed up by Aqua in the song "Cartoon Heroes".
We are what we're supposed to be
Illusions of your fantasy
All dots and lines that speak and say
What we do is what you wish to do

We are the color symphony
We do the things you wanna see
Frame by frame, to the extreme

Our friends are so unreasonable
They do the unpredictable
All dots lines that speak and say
What we do is what you wish to do

It's all an orchestra of strings
Doin' unbelievable things
Frame by frame, to the extreme
One by one, we're makin' it fun

We are the Cartoon Heroes - oh-oh-oh
We are the ones who're gonna last forever
We came out of a crazy mind - oh-oh-oh
And walked out on a piece of paper

Here comes Spiderman, arachnophobian
Welcome to the toon town party
Here comes Superman, from never-neverland
Welcome to the toon town party

We learned to run at speed of light
And to fall down from any height
It's true, but just remember that
What we do is what you just can't do

And all the worlds of craziness
A bunch of stars that's chasing us
Frame by frame, to the extreme
One by one, we're makin' it fun

We are the Cartoon Heroes - oh-oh-oh
We are the ones who're gonna last forever
We came out of a crazy mind - oh-oh-oh
And walked out on a piece of paper

Here comes Spiderman, arachnophobian
Welcome to the toon town party
Here comes Superman, from never-neverland
Welcome to the toon town party

You think we're so mysterious
Don't take us all too serious
Be original, and remember that
What we do is what you just can't do

What we do is what you just can't do
What we do is what you just can't do
What we do is what you just can't do
What we do is what you just can't do

We are the Cartoon Heroes - oh-oh-oh
We are the ones who're gonna last forever
We came out of a crazy mind - oh-oh-oh
And walked out on a piece of paper

There's still more to come
And everyone will be
Welcomed at the
Toon - Toon
Town - Town
Party.


Hats off to all the UnNamed Cartoonists. They are next only to GOD in their ability to create new worlds and Give LIFE...

Comments

Koi kuch bola kya? Dil pe le liya lagta hai. Have sent this link to my bro. He is an avid cartoon watcher. (I do not belong to your tribe. Neither do I criticize).

:)

And thanks for the link to my blog. :D